Thursday, December 4, 2014

Love is Color Blind

The style of this painting is pop art. This painting is sort of personal as I am part of an interracial couple. Sometimes people give us ugly looks or whisper to each other about us, but our love still remains inspired of people. I didn't have an exact plan first this work, I just wanted to show what the stereo typical marriage is and how marriage is for me. This is simply a pop art piece. I wanted it to be simple and to the point. The people in the paintings are the focal point. I what people who see these paintings to realize that marriage is not always between two people of the same race. I'm happy with the smallness of these paintings because I think it adds to the pop art feel of the piece. They look like something out of the comic section in the newspaper, but with a twist, showing reality along with the stereotype. This is my first time painting about a contemporary issues that is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment